Friday, June 19, 2009

Spam-A-Lot!






















My brothers and I don't get out much, but when we do it's usually for something awesome. Take Spam-A-Lot, for instance. We've been Monty Python fans for a long time and watching this play was like a dream come true (and if you don't know anything about those crazy Brits then look 'em up or you will be forced to cut down the mightiest tree in the woods with a herring, so sayeth the Lord). How can you not love a musical with such catchy tunes as "Fisch Schlapping Song," "I Am Not Dead Yet," or "You Won't Succeed on Broadway?" One of my favorite lines from that last song: "You can have a grand piano, but they will not give a damn-o, if you don't have any Jews." I laughed so hard through this play that my jaws hurt for hours.

Getting in and out of San Francisco was a pain in the ass, though. It's a fine city, but I think anyone who actually likes living there needs their brain examined and be severly medicated. I was also surprised to not see many people our age. The audience consisted mostly of middle aged people to the elderly with some kids under sixteen. So what if we weren't even born when the Holy Grail was made? That doesn't mean we still can't enjoy it! We even wore our Monty Python shirts and underwear! Come on, people! Get yourselves cultured! Anyways, if you ever get the chance to see this play then I highly urge you do. Fight through Mordor to buy those tickets if you have to. I assure you that you won't be dissapointed.

By the way, that guy standing next to Mike is my younger brother, Alan, who likes to blow his trumpet for a living. Why am I related to such freaks?

No comments:

Post a Comment