Sunday, June 26, 2011

Something unexpected

This is a little story I want to share with you all.

A couple months back, I was walking to Wendy's to buy myself a snack while the people at Best Buy installed a new radio into my car. On my way there, a man drove alongside me, rolled down his window, and said, "excuse, me, but do you know where Lowe's is?"
I stopped and apologized to the man, saying that I had no idea.
"Oh, okay," he said, "one more thing, though, I bought some food for a homeless guy around here, but when I came back he was gone. I've already had lunch. Do you want it?"
I blinked several times and took a step back. A complete stranger was offering me free food? Really? Was this a joke?
"It's not poisoned or anything," he said then offered me a McDonald's bag. "It's two double cheeseburgers and fries."
That voice from childhood lessons told me not to trust strangers, but there was honesty in the man's smile and eyes. It was a gut reaction, a natural instinct, which told me that this man was playing me straight.
I accepted his offer.
"Yes, thank you, sir."
"No problem. Take care now."
He drove away. I then looked for a place to sit down to eat. I opened the bag and saw that it contained exactly what the man had said. I ate the double cheeseburgers and fries and since I'm still alive, I think it is safe to assume that it was an honest gift from an honest stranger.

What was the most unexpected thing to ever happen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment